Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where I'm Coming From

I thought it would be fun to give you a bit of background info on our little home. I find that it helps me to know where other bloggers are coming from when I know something about their life and how they think about their home.


Our home is a recovering bachelor pad. Mr. Wonderful bought it about six years ago when he was a single guy and didn't like apartment living. He had anywhere from 2-4 people living here at any given time as roommates. It was the epitome of a bachelor pad. There was the free, incredibly uncomfortable couch. All the walls were white(ish). There was, we shall say, no cleaning routine. (You might be able to delete the word "routine" from that last sentence). This was the case for about four-and-a-half-years.


I didn't see my husband's bedroom until about halfway through our engagement. I thought he was being protective of my purity, but it turns out he was a little sheepish about the state of his room!


Housekeeping had the potential to be the most problematic area in our marriage. We are pretty compatible in most areas. (In fact, in our pre-marital counseling, our pastor told us that we are "disgustingly compatible.") But while Mr. W sees a house as a place to live, I obsess over houses. I have this deep desire to create order in them. I am thankful to be able to say that God was faithful to teach us how to come to a middle ground in this area. He gave me the patience to build a home slowly so I could do so without being overbearing. He gave Mr. W love for me, and a desire to serve me, even when he doesn't understand my obsession!

Here is a picture from our Valentine's Day date! Mr. W cooked me dinner (fettuccine alfredo with chicken and chocolate peanut butter cake for dessert!) and we watched the Olympics, while some friends offered to watch Ava. It was so relaxing! Thank you, Mr. Wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!