Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welcome Art

I have been drooling over these images for awhile now:

Look on the wall!
On.. Beadboard... I'm dying...

I thought it would be a good way to welcome-ify our entryway. So I went to Bethesda Thrift Store, which I find is the most crafty. I found some embroidery hoops on my first try! Two for $.59 and one for a hefty $.19. Yes! I just used my new fabric stash to fill them.

To try and get them flush with the wall, I gathered the fabric in the back and tried to sew it in. I think I've seen that done in the past.
Aren't they cheerful? I'm going to try and find a medium-sized one. And probably just buy every one that I find thrifting from now on and keep adding until it fills the whole wall because I love it so much. Or until it looks like the Apartment Therapy post.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabrics you chose!! And I agree that this will look great on the whole wall! Keep going, girl : ) Can't wait to see what the finished project will look like. And thanks for the link : )

    ReplyDelete

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!