Friday, January 29, 2010

Using Vertical Space

Small houses don't always have a lot of horizontal space in them. And sometimes half of your horizontal space is taken up by a Jumparoo (God bless the day I realized it folded up!). So you've gotta get creative. We used to stack our colander in with our mixing bowls, and it drove me BONKERS. But I do think it's kind of a cute colander, so I didn't mind displaying it. Aaaaand look how cute my new $2 Goodwill curtains are: They have cherries on them! I think they are very cottage-y, no?

We also got one of those nifty knife magnets from the IKEA. And put it on our backsplash area. Then I hung up our measuring cups and spoons from our cabinets. Our cabinets hang very low, and there is only about 14 inches between it and the countertops, so it isn't very good workspace anyway. It works for us, and that is the goal.
And as if you needed any proof about Ava getting into our movie stash, here it is. So innocent with her ruffle butt!

And one more reason small homes are good homes is that you don't have to spend as much on cleaning supplies! One toilet, one shower, fewer horizontal surfaces to dust. It's a win-win. Not to mention the savings on heat! Now get out there and live in your small house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!