Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Before and After--Me!

I LOVE before and afters. I love seeing the transformation of a room, a wall, an item or a person. I spend a lot of time thinking of how I can improve my home and envisioning what different options will look like. I love reading bloggers who flip houses and do amazing things with reasonable budgets. I actually struggle with how much time I spend on this stuff. I have to limit myself or I'd easily spend all my free time on it.

It occurred to me yesterday that it points to the difference Christ has made in my life. One small illustration of His grace in my life. I am definitely not a perfect person, and I can't give you a time and date of my salvation, but I have been changed! Even better than those pages in a glossy magazine. (Did you catch YHL's blog post about the photo shoot at their house? Using dish clothes to make the towels fluffier? Shocking! Makes me feel better that my house doesn't look like a magazine!) I am a totally NEW creation. Not just a re-do of the old me!

When I was thinking aobut this, one big change that stood out to me is that God has taken away all sorts of bitterness from me. There was a time in my life when I really harbored bitterness and was easily offended. I was angry. It's something that God has just routed out. And I'm thankful. Just one example of my before and after story. :0) Feel free to share what God has changed in you!

2 comments:

  1. Seth always comes running in when I am reading your blog because he thinks the little potato song is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing :) I'm right with you... seeing how Christ slowly changes me, gives me hope to keep going. My favorite verse is all about that: "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Praise God!

    ReplyDelete

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!