Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Little handprints

 
 We put wall art up! We aren't done yet, but it made me feel more settled in, as I knew it would. Looking at this picture, I think we should put up the rest of the hoops. I was kinda thinking that we shouldn't bother putting up all our wall art since we're only probably going to be here for a year, but maybe I need to rethink that. ANYway, just a little snapshot of our our dining room (we have a dining room! Okay, okay, it's an eat-in.)

So, the nature of apartment living is dealing with a lot of builder grade fixtures, but this little area of this house makes me smile. The trim and fixtures don't bother me as much as I thought they might. It may not be to my taste, but it serves our family well, and it's only 12 months. (Actually, 10 1/2 now). Our hallway has closets on either side all the way down and they are covered with mirrors. So, I've just determined that there are going to be fingerprints on them pretty much all the time. My mom tells a story about my dad's mom, who passed away when I was about 6. She said that after we would visit my grandparents, my grandma wouldn't clean our little handprints off of the mirror because they reminded her of us. Little handprints don't stay little for very long, so I'm just going to treasure them while I can. :0)



2 comments:


  1. Download Little Big City 2 app for Android. ... Virus Free. ... "download little big city 2 mod apk
    "
    One of the fun things about Little Big City 2 is that it's more like a cartoon instead of a typical game.

    ReplyDelete

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!