Thursday, September 13, 2012

Deep Breath.

Hey,

It's getting a little easier. I had a couple of play dates, a nature class, and a preschool co-op meeting scheduled this week, so we have kept pretty busy. That has helped. It's no substitute for being settled, but it feels like a start.

I'm really excited about the preschool. It's a co-op that a friend got me plugged into where the moms take turns teaching. It's really organized with a curriculum and policies in place, and it's been going on for a few years now. I think it'll be really good. It's only once a week, which is great too. I'll be teaching or helping once a month.

The nature class was great--it was through the Three Rivers Park system. They did an excellent job. It was a puppet show, a couple of sensory games outside and then we walked down to the Mississippi River. Ava loved it. We stayed after and looked at the exhibits for about an hour too. It was a long drive, but I'm looking forward to taking in some other classes hopefully at the center in Bloomington.

On another note, I've been surprised at the amount of interest I've had in my childbirth classes. I know there are a lot of teachers here so I didn't expect much, but I think I'll actually be able to start a class soon! Like, with students in it. Maybe even more than one couple. Crazy!

So anyway, things are looking up a bit. Fewer breakdowns.

One of the things I enjoy about moving is getting to know the quirks of a community or region. For instance, I have lived in two different places where they call a water fountain a water bubbler. Well, one place (Wisconsin) called it a bubbler. In one place they called it a "bubblah" (Maine). One quirk about Edina is that there are a lot of places to get plastic surgery. In fact, I was going to write a whole post on this entitled "A Coupon for me to Poop on", but I know I'll forget to, so I might as well do it now. While perusing the coupons we got in the mail one day I came across one for a plastic surgery clinic. There were some pretty standard ones, face lift, tummy tuck, etc. But the last one was for something called a "vaginal rejuvination" or something like that. Wow. I mean, wow. We are not in Kansas anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!