Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Free Lantern

Last summer I scored this lantern for free at a rummage sale: I took this pic after removing the glass. Anway, he said I could have it 'cause it doesn't work. Psssh. Details. I had it on our front steps, but it couldn't even be seen because our steps are black, too. So I bought some yellow spray paint at Joanne's....and I brought it back. Almost as soon as I got in the car, I knew I should've gotten red. When I brought it back, I found some red on sale for $.97!!!!

I used lots and lots and lots of thin layers. Many trips out to our (very ventilated!) garage.




I don't know exactly what to do with it. But I've been meaning to paint it forever, so thanks Sarah for the motivation!


1 comment:

  1. This is sooo funny. I bought a red lantern identical to yours at a garage sale and sprayed it oil rubbed bronze. We should have just traded! If you like to see the post about it, here's the link http://highpointcircle.blogspot.com/2011/04/little-red-lantern.html and then look at this post to see the end result
    http://highpointcircle.blogspot.com/2011/04/little-formerly-red-now-brown-supposed.html
    I got to your blog from pinterest. I am new to all of this.

    ReplyDelete

I'll take a comment with a side of comments!